There are three different ways to purchase artwork and wearable art. When you view the 2014 artwork, you will see that each piece is labeled by auction category.
Intent to Purchase
In this category, each item has a fixed price and winners are selected by random draw.
- If you wish to bid on artwork in this category, place your fixed bid on the piece.
- On the night of the sale, one winner for each piece will be selected by random draw.
- If your name is selected, you have won the piece and are committed to purchasing the artwork.
Only one bid per person is allowed for each piece of artwork in the Intent to Purchase category.
In this category, bids are cast using an incremental bidding process.
- If you wish to bid on artwork in this category, place your bid on the piece.
- On the night of the sale, the highest bid for that item will be the winner.
- If you have the winning bid, you are committed to purchase the artwork.
If you are the winner in either category above, you are required to pay the winning amount. All sales are final and there are no exchanges, refunds, or substitutions.
According to IRS Rules and Regulations, the only tax deduction which may be made related to the purchase of an auction item from a non-profit organization is the amount paid in excess of fair market value. We suggest that you consult your tax professional to determine the tax deduction(s) (if any) for your specific purchase(s).
Museum staff will contact you between September 15 -30, 2014 for payment. Dealers with resale permits are tax-exempt. Please be prepared to pay for your purchase by check. Sales tax does not apply if the piece is being shipped out of state; however, by law, you are required to pay sales tax to the state where the item is shipped.
The Western Visions Miniatures and More show will remain on exhibit through Sunday, September 23, 2012. No artwork will be released prior to September 21, 2014 at 10:00am. After that date, artwork will be available for pick-up. If you have requested your artwork to be shipped, please allow a few weeks for delivery, after September 21.